Disaster Relief by Fodac
Fodac works with emergency response partners.
FODAC has worked with local, state, and national emergency response partners. Since our involvement in Hurricane Katrina. As members of Georgia and National VOAD (Volunteer Agencies Active in Disasters), FODAC provides critical HME when local resources cannot assist.
How we provide relief
- We have national vendor relationships that contribute needed items for disasters. We have delivered HME in 20 states and 3 territories to support disaster relief.
- Our 35,000 square foot warehouse serves as a distribution center for our partners, companies and organizations that are donating critical supplies.
- Our staff work with FEMA as “boots on the ground” to assist and manage donations of HME.
- “FODAC is considered an essential service during the COVID-19 crisis.”-Sarah Jackson, the Community Partnership Manager for GEMA.
Response efforts in 2020 & 2021
- Serving as a warehouse distribution site for partners and companies who wanted to donate PPE supplies.
- Providing nearly $4 million worth of N95 masks, ventilators, CPAPs, nebulizers, concentrators, tracheotomy supplies, hospital beds and PPE.
- Delivering much needed equipment to Grady, Northside, Emory, Piedmont and dozens of other hospitals.
- Provided supplies for GEMA state-wide and FEMA to assist healthcare workers in the U.S. Virgin Islands.